Welcome to Red Fennec Dev!
A brief overview of what's on the site.
- HeartPinePhone: One of my favorite projects, HeartPinePhone is an alternative open-source kernel for PinePhones. It focuses on security, privacy, and user control, to the exclusion of almost everything else. It makes use of the HeartPinePhone's hardware design and ARM TrustZone to isolate apps, ensure users have ultimate control, and keep apps away from information they shouldn't have.
- The shoutouts: Short, semi-regular pieces focusing on the cool things done by people who get targeted with harassment regularly. Whether they're a woman whose managed was emailed saying they're "not technical" enough to be in infosec, a person of color being told they look unprofessional for wearing their hair in cornrows, or a queer person impolitely informed that they were just a diversity hire, I'm listing all the cool shit people have done. I hope it cheers them up! I also hope to highlight the achievements of people who, frankly, don't get anywhere near as much credit as they should.
- The blog in general: Want to just see a listing of everything I write? Then the blog index is where you want to go! You can view all of my posts, in chronological order. There are also some posts that don't fit in any category, which are only on the overall index.
- My info: Want to get in touch? Want to learn about me or Red Fennec Dev? A little weird, but sure! If you're trying to get in touch, please be sure to follow the instructions closely!
If you find a reason to cite this website, you'll need to know:
- Author: Where it's not mentioned, the author is me, Nic Hartley. My contact info, e.g. email is on the about page. When there's a guest writer, their name and preferred email will be listed.
If the date of publish isn't listed on the page itself, it can be found in the repo.
Most of the files will be under
assets/posts/, named after their URL. The remainder (e.g. this page) are in
The title of the content is the title on the tab, minus the
| Red Fennec Dev. It's usually a header at the top of the page, too.
- Organization: All of this is my own personal work, not done for any organization. It's hosted on [GitHub Pages] If you need to write something, use "Red Fennec Dev".